Skip to main content

"Don't Check Your Brains At The Door" Book Review

Don't Check Your Brains At The Door
by
Josh McDowell and Bob Hostetler

Don't Check Your Brains At The Door is a well laid out book about apologetics for students. It is broken into six different sections on different myths about the Christian faith. Within those sections are even more detailed chapters. The authors do a great job of covering a large amount of information in a fairly short amount of pages.
I think this book is great! It would be perfect for a middle school to early high school small group Bible study or Sunday School. The layout is perfect for a group study or even on your own. While DCYBATD doesn't necessarily break any new ground in apologetics for teens, I think it is a great introduction into different myths about Christianity. I would definitely recommend this book to my students! I do, however, think it is better suited for guys or maybe a guys and girls group, but probably not just for girls. While the information is relevant to either, I think it appeals more to guys.
It mixes stories, Scriptures, and facts together to create a great book for any teen looking to deepen their understanding of the different aspects of their faith. Get the book for your small group, Sunday School, or even just to go through with your own child!

*I was provided with a free copy of this book to review by Book Sneeze*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

How (Not) to Save the World by Hosanna Wong

I really loved this book! Hosanna Wong’s story is captivating and at the same time, approachable. I love being able to read the how and why of her way of sharing and loving Jesus. It was encouraging to me and a great reminder that our presence with Jesus is the biggest voice when people are looking at our lives.  Thank you to NetGalley for this copy, my opinions are my own.