Skip to main content

Restless by Jennie Allen



                                                  


Run, don't walk to get this book! 

Jennie Allen is an incredible author with a real pulse on the questions and longings of our generation. This is my second book of her's to read and each time I find myself asking, "How does she know exactly what I am thinking?" Allen is very relatable and authentic and that translates into a book that will draw you in and help you to realize your God-given dreams and talents and how to use them for His glory.

She asks her readers, "What would happen if God got bigger than your fear and insecurity, and you spent the rest of your life running without reservation after his purposes for you?" Get ready for an interactive read full of contemplation, journaling, and dreaming. Each chapter has space for writing and reflecting on what you have learned. 

Restless has been very influential in my life. It has helped me to realize that God has put dreams and passions in my life for a reason. I loved being able to journal and process what all was discussed. 

I highly recommend this book for anyone (even though the book is geared towards women) age 18-45. It would be a great book to study and go through with a friend, mentor, or small group. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

How (Not) to Save the World by Hosanna Wong

I really loved this book! Hosanna Wong’s story is captivating and at the same time, approachable. I love being able to read the how and why of her way of sharing and loving Jesus. It was encouraging to me and a great reminder that our presence with Jesus is the biggest voice when people are looking at our lives.  Thank you to NetGalley for this copy, my opinions are my own.