Skip to main content

Running on Red Dog Road Book Review


Drema Hall Berheimer's moving and funny account of her childhood in West Virginia is the perfect read for a lazy Saturday. She weaves her stories and draws you in until you don't want to put the book down. Journey with her through her sometimes painful, always authentic, and hilariously accurate account of life as a young girl growing up in Appalachia in a Pentecostal household. 

I love how the chapters are fairly short, but packed full of great narrative. The author does an amazing job of making you feel like you are right there in the middle of the story. 

Memoirs are my favorite genre and this one does not disappoint! I highly recommend it.

This book was provided to me for free by BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest review. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

How (Not) to Save the World by Hosanna Wong

I really loved this book! Hosanna Wong’s story is captivating and at the same time, approachable. I love being able to read the how and why of her way of sharing and loving Jesus. It was encouraging to me and a great reminder that our presence with Jesus is the biggest voice when people are looking at our lives.  Thank you to NetGalley for this copy, my opinions are my own.