Skip to main content

Unveiled by Esther Ahmad

This eye opening memoir from Esther Ahmad will encourage you, challenge your pre-conceived notions, and strengthen your faith. It tells the story of how Esther came to faith in Jesus and compares and contrasts how women are viewed in treated in Christianity and Islam. Unveiled reminded me that time and time again Jesus leaves the 99 to go after the 1. God is a personal God with a heart that shows He wants everyone to know Him and follow Him. That despite cultural, religious, and distance restrictions His love and truth will be on display. That He loves with an everlasting love and He will be with us even in our most trying and desperate time. I would have loved to have seen more examples of cultural Islamic examples than just in Pakistan. I think it would have given the book a more rounded approach, because Islam differs so much in Arabic speaking countries and non-Arabic speaking countries. I would have loved to hear Esther’s thoughts on a contextualized approach to sharing the Gospel and what that could look like in the context of Pakistan and surrounding areas. I learned so much and was grateful for the bravery it took to write and publish this incredible story! I received this book from NetGalley and my opinions are my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

How (Not) to Save the World by Hosanna Wong

I really loved this book! Hosanna Wong’s story is captivating and at the same time, approachable. I love being able to read the how and why of her way of sharing and loving Jesus. It was encouraging to me and a great reminder that our presence with Jesus is the biggest voice when people are looking at our lives.  Thank you to NetGalley for this copy, my opinions are my own.