Skip to main content

The Connected Parent

The Connected Parent is a must-read for any foster and/or adoptive parent, teacher, church childcare worker, as well as for parents who’s children have gone through a trauma. I love how it combines the theory/research side of connecting with your child and the life experiences of an adoptive mother. The Connected Parent offers the practical step by step lists you are looking for when you feel overwhelmed and unsure of how to connect. I loved how each chapter included real-life stories from Lisa Qualls with the gentle wisdom and research of Dr. Karyn Purvis. It ended with a much needed practical guide and next steps. I found myself highlighting the scripts and using them immediately. This is a timely book and I’m so grateful for the wisdom, honesty, and authenticity. It gives hope to parents and caregivers and I’m thankful for the knowledge and tips I’ve learned!
I received this book from the publisher, but my opinions are my own. 

Purchase on Amazon: The Connected Parent: Real-Life Strategies for Building Trust and Attachment https://www.amazon.com/dp/0736978925/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_L6GcFbP2V1ZYP


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

How (Not) to Save the World by Hosanna Wong

I really loved this book! Hosanna Wong’s story is captivating and at the same time, approachable. I love being able to read the how and why of her way of sharing and loving Jesus. It was encouraging to me and a great reminder that our presence with Jesus is the biggest voice when people are looking at our lives.  Thank you to NetGalley for this copy, my opinions are my own.