Skip to main content

Raising Boys by Design Review

Raising Boys By Design by Gregory Jantz and Michael Gurian caught my eye because it combined science and Christianity in the discussion of raising sons. I'm really intrigued by the how and why behind brain development and loved that one of the authors was writing from a Christian perspective. 

The authors do a great job of detailing the different stages of development and how you can help them succeed in watch one. Like other reviews, I would agree that it is a slow read, but very informative. I got the most out of their HERO model. A HERO is one who values honor, enterprise, responsibility, and originality. Jantz and Gurian say, "This unique resource combines the latest research in brain science with timeless truths from the Bible to reveal the deepest needs shared by every boy of faith while also leading you to fresh insights for honoring the unique personality, talents, and God-given design of your son in particular."

I would recommend this book to all parents, teachers, children and youth workers. It's a very thorough resource for someone who wants to know scientifically why boys act the way they do and Raising Boys By Design gives them a blueprint for raising boys in a biblically sound way. 


*I received this book for free from WaterBrooks Multnomah in exchange for an honest review.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

How (Not) to Save the World by Hosanna Wong

I really loved this book! Hosanna Wong’s story is captivating and at the same time, approachable. I love being able to read the how and why of her way of sharing and loving Jesus. It was encouraging to me and a great reminder that our presence with Jesus is the biggest voice when people are looking at our lives.  Thank you to NetGalley for this copy, my opinions are my own.