Skip to main content

The Gentle Art of Discipling Women Review

The Gentle Art of Discipling Women is a wonderful resource! It is readable, relatable, and full of Godly wisdom on how to love and disciple women towards a more Christlike life. I really liked Dana Yeakley's style of writing and her open and genuine way of sharing about herself, including successes  and failures. 

I especially appreciated the first section of the book, which is a great heart check for anyone desiring to disciple other women. I appreciated the time to be able to examine my own heart, motives, and thoughts before I attempted to lead other women. 

The rest of the book was a wonderful balance of how-to and real stories. I felt encouraged and empowered to disciple other women and how to be discipled myself.

I highly recommend this book to women's ministry leaders, Christian counselors, and everyday women wanting to help others grow in their relationship with Christ.

I received this book for free from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my honest opinion.

Learn more about the author here: https://www.navigators.org/FindStaff/StaffPages?username=59709

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

Happiness by Randy Alcorn Review

Randy Alcorn does it again! I just love his style of writing and the content of his books. I couldn't put down "Heaven" and knew I needed to read "Happiness." Just as I expected, my paradigm was totally shifted again. So often in the Christian life, we form beliefs from something we hear and assume it's Biblical and true. I had so many pre-conceived notions about Heaven and knew after reading Alcorn's book on it, I would be forever changed. The same was true of "Happiness." Many times we can go around with guilt over feeling like God wants us to be holy, not happy. Acorn flips this idea on it's head and not only shows through skillful, engaging writing but also with solid Scriptural references. Don't get bogged down by the length, just read and enjoy as you go.  I highly recommend this book to anyone who might need a fresh dose of grace! Be encouraged fellow believers and be happy in Christ :) I received this book for free from Ty...