Skip to main content

Foundations by Ruth and Troy Simmons Review

If you’re looking for a Biblically solid way to start or continue family worship, Foundations by Ruth and Troy Simmons is a wonderful choice! Ruth and Troy give great practical and godly advice for the how and why of family worship. They demystify the process and share candidly what it means to be in spiritual community with your own family. As a family with 4 boys, I really look up to Ruth and eagerly anticipated getting to read her latest book. I feel like the Simmons have a wonderful balance of grace and truth and it shines in their writing. I loved the style and setup of the book. With Ruth’s beautiful illustrations and an easy to follow daily family worship devotional with great questions for your family to ask one another, I highly recommend this book to all families! I received this book from NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayers for Prodigals

Parenting is often a hard and lonely road we walk. Having a prodigal child can make it even more isolated. Prayers for Prodigals is a wonderful resource for when you are feeling despair on your parenting journey. Each day is a verse to meditate on and a heartfelt prayer filled with scripture to uplifted encourage, and renew your weary soul.  I especially liked having prayers when it felt like my own prayers had run dry. To have pre written prayers for your child can be such an encouragement when you are feeling lost and hopeless.  This devotional will surely remind you of the power of prayer and the power of God to work in your life and your child’s.  #PrayersforProdigalsUpdatedandExpanded #NetGalley

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children

Bible Promises and Prayers for Children is a powerful and useful book for families. I loved each section and felt like the size of each devotional made it so it was not overwhelming for my family to do together. It’s a privilege and blessing to pray over and with my children and I’m grateful for this book to be able to have a quick and easy way to impart truth, love, and encouragement into my kids.  Thank you to Net Galley for this copy, my opinions are my own.  

How (Not) to Save the World by Hosanna Wong

I really loved this book! Hosanna Wong’s story is captivating and at the same time, approachable. I love being able to read the how and why of her way of sharing and loving Jesus. It was encouraging to me and a great reminder that our presence with Jesus is the biggest voice when people are looking at our lives.  Thank you to NetGalley for this copy, my opinions are my own.